Monday, February 16, 2015

You're on Your Own - Cancer Cat Episode 12

Neelix weighed in today at 7.8 pounds and his tumor was slightly bigger than two months ago, so I felt like the Oncology Service was saying sayonara. They said there's no point continuing the Piroxicam or the Palladia, and all I can do is use something called Magic Mouthwash and Clindamycin antibiotics to clear up the sores in his mouth and hope his appetite improves and he gains weight so the cancer kills him before starvation does. The Magic Mouthwash smells bad and must taste horrible. He has foamed at the mouth, drooled it all out, and run around like a maniac every time I have dosed him. That was a $37.50 waste of money.

That is not much of a choice.

The mouth ulcers were caused by the medications, so I should have been happy to see the pills stop, but that means the tumor might grow faster. I negotiated dropping just the Piroxicam for now -- the one he sometimes threw up anyway -- but keeping the chemo Palladia -- the one we have to wear rubber gloves to administer.

My pill was still $366.74 because they did bloodwork again, and another $26 for the antibiotics.

I am nine hours short of completing my 120 hours of volunteer service for Fetch a Cure. I don't know with this prognosis if they will pay any more future bills.

Meanwhile, I have fallen victim to trolls on my Go Fund Me page twice now. Someone with crazy fake names donate $5, then after a couple of days, they cancel the donation, so a small amount of money keeps being deposited and withdrawn from my bank. You would think this organization would screen their donations more closely, and hold the funds back at least 10 days or something. There's no place on the website to complain.

No comments: