Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Trial Run to the End - Cancer Cat Episode 10

I thought Neelix was getting ready to leave. July, after all, is only a couple of weeks away, and we have lost two cats in July. On a Tuesday night, he was dry heaving. Wednesday, he was listless and not interested in food. Thursday I was force feeding him water from an eye dropper, and he still didn't want food. Thursday night I called the oncologist, but it was 30 minutes from a three-day weekend for them and they said wait until morning and go to my regular vet.

I got an appointment for noon. He was furious at the blood test, the bag of fluids, and just being there, but everything came back normal and $310 later, it was determined the problem was gas on the stomach and a thickening of his intestines, which I didn't understand what that meant, but it was something that could be relieved with Metronidazole benzoate and some over the counter slivers of Pepcid AC. By the time we got home, he was ready to try a little food. Just the fluids alone must have perked him. The next day he was eating normally, but we haven't resumed his cancer treatment yet. I checked with the oncologist on Monday and they said 2-3 days after he resumes normal behavior.

My stomach hurts. 

No comments: