Tuesday, December 17, 2013

What To Do, What To Do - Cancer Cat Episode 3

I got an email today from the foundation saying "the medical advisory board denied your application because Neelix's prognosis could not be determined."

I wrote back to verify what that means, because we weren't told when he is going to die? As if something like that is knowable? Apparently so. They need to be told your pet has four months or less to live.

Then I was offered $306.60, which would be sent to the oncologist. That would cover almost one more two-week round of medications and testing. But the contract I have to sign to receive that also says I still have to volunteer 120 hours. That's 120 hours away from Neelix and values my time at barely $2.56 an hour, but it's volunteering after all. Still, it seems like the volunteer time should be prorated based on the amount of assistance you're awarded. 

I don't know what to do.

Yesterday Neelix started the Palladia, which he gets on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The Piroxicam is on order. We got the pill down him on the second try.

If you would like to donate, dear reader.

No comments: