Monday, June 29, 2009

Merly on Monday

I think it's telling that I am often unsure how to spell this cat's name. It was named by my husband's sister. It has something to do with the wizard Merlin, and I think it was originally Merlyn, but got shortened to Merly. His family often has issues with pet names. They evolve and change. He tends to call all the male cats "Buddy" anyway.

The surgery has been postponed for now. They found fluid in her stomach they tapped to run more tests, but the third vet to look at her suspects several masses in her intestines. I'm thinking there is also some bad reason she tilts her head all the way to the side to drink water now.

I knew something bad was coming a couple of months ago when she was dancing on the table when I was trying to do my weekly bills, just like always, and when she left, my bills were flecked with tiny brown spots. That was probably the beginning of the blockage.

No comments: